Twitter this week announced the ability to create your own remarketing campaigns from the Twitter Ads interface! While remarketing has been possible on Twitter since December, you’re no longer required to go through a third-party partner to set it up.
In this post, I’ll walk you through the campaign creation process to help you build your first Twitter remarketing campaign.
How Twitter Remarketing Works
Remarketing (also known as retargeting), allows you to show unique ads to people who’ve visited your website before. It’s a great way to bring back people who didn’t become a customer the first time they came to your site, or previous customers who you want to engage with your site again.
Twitter Remarketing Overview
Creating a Twitter Remarketing Campaign
The process of creating a Twitter Ads Remarketing Campaign is simple and completely self-serve.
1. Create the tag.
First, you’ll need to create a new website tag from within the Conversion Tracking tab. You can even edit one of your existing conversion tracking tags to collect data for remarketing.
2. Install the tag.
Next, you’ll place the website tag onto the pages of your site that you’d like to collect visitors from. This could either be a high traffic page, like your home page, or it can be a page only engaged visitors will visit, like your pricing page.
Now, when visitors come to this page, they’ll be added to a “tailored audience.”
3. Create a campaign targeting this audience.
Now all you need to do is create a campaign that targets this tailored audience. When creating your campaign, choose “Tailored audiences” as your targeting type, then choose “Website visitors” as the source. Finally, choose the remarketing audience you just created.
That’s all it takes! Your website visitors will begin seeing your promoted account or tweets in their timelines and will be encouraged to consider you again.
Sam is the Director of Online Marketing at InVision and former Director of Marketing at AdStage. Prior to AdStage, he was part of the AdWords product team at Google, serving as the in-house AdWords expert and advisor to product management, engineering, and UX. Prior to that, he personally managed and grew in-house digital marketing programs with over $300,000 in monthly ad spend.
- How to Get Started with Remarketing Campaigns Are you tired of people leaving your site without signing up, placing an order or doing anything of value? You...
- The Do’s & Don’ts of Twitter Ads Let’s face it, Twitter advertising can be scary….scary enough that a lot advertisers try to avoid it all together. Well...
- How To Create and Test Promoted Tweets in Bulk with AdStage Ready to maximize the ROI of your Twitter Ads with fully optimized Promoted Tweets? AdStage’s new Bulk Ad Creation makes...
- Using Ad Groups for Segmentation on Twitter Ads If you’re familiar with Google AdWords or Facebook Ads, you’re probably used to breaking out your campaigns into ad groups...