After announcing Audience Insights back in early May, Facebook has finally made it accessible to advertisers. The tool reveals details like locations, interests and behaviors of your saved and custom audiences and compares them against broader audiences on Facebook.
With it you can view:
- Demographics — Age and gender, lifestyle, education, relationship status, job role and household size
- Page Likes — The top Pages people like in different categories, like women’s apparel or sports
- Location and Language — Where do people live, and what languages do they speak
- Facebook Usage — How frequently are people in your target audience logging onto Facebook and what device(s) they are using when they log on
- Purchases Activity — Past purchase behavior (i.e. heavy buyers of women’s apparel) and purchase methods (i.e., in-store, online)
This info can help you craft messages that resonate with your audience to improve engagement and reveal other audiences you should consider targeting.
You can view insights for many different types of audiences:
- People on Facebook in general
- People connected to your Page or event
- People in Custom Audiences you’ve created
- And more...
Check it out yourself by clicking on "Audience Insights" from the left navigation bar in the Facebook Ads Manager.