After announcing Audience Insights back in early May, Facebook has finally made it accessible to advertisers. The tool reveals details like locations, interests and behaviors of your saved and custom audiences and compares them against broader audiences on Facebook.
With it you can view:
- Demographics — Age and gender, lifestyle, education, relationship status, job role and household size
- Page Likes — The top Pages people like in different categories, like women’s apparel or sports
- Location and Language — Where do people live, and what languages do they speak
- Facebook Usage — How frequently are people in your target audience logging onto Facebook and what device(s) they are using when they log on
- Purchases Activity — Past purchase behavior (i.e. heavy buyers of women’s apparel) and purchase methods (i.e., in-store, online)
This info can help you craft messages that resonate with your audience to improve engagement and reveal other audiences you should consider targeting.
You can view insights for many different types of audiences:
- People on Facebook in general
- People connected to your Page or event
- People in Custom Audiences you’ve created
- And more…
Check it out yourself by clicking on “Audience Insights” from the left navigation bar in the Facebook Ads Manager.
Sam is the Director of Online Marketing at InVision and former Director of Marketing at AdStage. Prior to AdStage, he was part of the AdWords product team at Google, serving as the in-house AdWords expert and advisor to product management, engineering, and UX. Prior to that, he personally managed and grew in-house digital marketing programs with over $300,000 in monthly ad spend.
- Facebook Announces Mobile Ad Network at F8 Conference Facebook made a number of announcements today at F8, Facebook’s Developer Conference (livestream) including the announcement of a mobile ad...
- Facebook Releases Pixel Helper for Advertisers Facebook launched the Facebook Pixel Helper to help you validate that your Conversion Tracking and Custom Audience Pixels have been...
- Facebook Ads in the Right-Hand Column to Look More Like News Feed In April, Facebook announced major changes to the way ads displayed in the right-hand column (sidebar). Those changes began rolling...
- Facebook Desktop App Ads Updated to Promote Virtual Goods Facebook this week announced a new way for game developers to promote and sell virtual goods through desktop app engagement ads....