Hubspot’s Inbound 2016: Multi-Channel Lead Nurturing
Couldn’t attend HubSpot’s Inbound conference this year? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
At INBOUND this year our very own – Sahil Jain, AdStage Co-Founder & CEO, revealed how B2B marketers should integrate social advertising into existing marketing automation campaigns to drive more opportunities and revenue.
We’ve had an overwhelming number of requests to share his deck, so without any further ado…
Why Marketing Automation + Social Advertising = Conversion ❤️
Marketing automation allows you to keep a pulse on your prospects by having additional touch points, moving them into different stages of the lead and customer lifecycle.
For example, you’re all familiar with Hubspot’s Inbound Methodology diagram:
You have a blog to attract visitors, and connect with these visitors through engaging content – eventually they sign up for your blog, which turns them into a lead. You can then use automated emails and drip programs to influence your prospect to becoming a customer. After they become a customer, you have an additional marketing automation track that turns your customers into promoters.
Using marketing automation provides you more insight into how prospects are interacting with your brand and what stage they are at in decision making process. But, there’s one flaw in marketing automation that exists today…
It primarily focuses on email. What about the other channels where your audience is consuming content? Your audience is everywhere. While email is a fantastic medium, your prospects & decision makers are spending a lot of time consuming content and interacting on social channels.
We Are Social recently released their recent study on the state of Digital, Social, and Mobile usage around the world showing that the pace of change shows no signs of slowing. YOY growth remains strong, particularly in the use of mobile social media:
- +7.6% Internet user growth
- +8.7% social media user growth
- +3.4% mobile user growth
- +23.3% mobile social media growth
Social media usage continues to grow around the world, with global penetration rates now in excess of 30%. Investments in social advertising worldwide are forecasted to nearly double in a two-year time span, going from $16B U.S. dollars in 2014 to nearly $31B U.S. dollars in 2016.
Investing in social advertising makes sense when you think about how much time users spend on each social network.
Fun Fact #1: Only 2% of cold calls actually turn into a booked appointment (Source: LeapJob)
So we as marketers, have been coming up with new ways to reach decision makers. This presentation is going to cover some new ways social ads are helping overcome this challenge.
Fun Fact #2: A company size that ranges from 150-500 typically have up to 6 or 7 decision makers for a large decision (Source: Cirrus)
The question then, is how do we reach all of these decision makers in a scalable way?
Click through the slideshare below👇 to learn how advertising can better influence top prospects, amplify your existing content distribution channels, and accelerate lead stages and sales cycles through engaging social advertising campaigns.
Alyx Gatti is a product marketing nut, avid coffee enthusiast, and self-proclaimed PPC geek. She’s currently operating the engagement machine @AdStage. You can find her online sharing growth marketing strategies or general nonsensical thoughts about daily life. Follow me @AlyxGatti
- How to Align Your Marketing Automation with Social Ads [MarTech 2017] Grabbing a prospect’s attention in B2B is difficult. Email inboxes are always flooded with higher priority content, and prospects don’t...
- Boosting Social Media Marketing Using Content Automation Comprehensive automation appears to be the future trajectory of digital marketing. Email automation, for example, has become second-nature to many marketers....
- 50 Essential Social Media Advertising Stats There are a lot of things people say about social media advertising. Some say it works only for B2C businesses,...
- How to Do Mobile Social Media Advertising the Right Way Social Media Advertising: Why You Need to Keep Up with Mobile Demand It’s an end of an era — mobile media consumption officially surpasses...