Welcome to the May edition of What’s New in AdStage! We spent the last month building a ton of feature enhancements in Report and Automate.
Let’s take a look at the latest and greatest in Report and Automate below👇.
Bring All Your Marketing Data into One PPC Report
New Table Upload Widget
Take any excel, csv, or google sheets data table you have and upload it directly to Report!
Use Table Upload Widgets to Help You:
(1) Measure Return on Ad Spend by Opportunities Closed
- Drop in your monthly opportunity and revenue reports from Salesforce into your cross-channel reporting views.
(2) Track Top-of-Funnel Conversion Trends
- Pull a campaign level performance report from your marketing automation system to see the landing pages or content driving the most conversions from your campaigns.
(3) Get a 360º View of Cross-Channel Top Performers
- Add in metrics from other channels, such as email, event, or organic social performance data.
(4) Add Custom Tables with Google Sheets
- Customize your reporting views using Google Sheets to show data from your custom formulas. When uploading a table from Google Sheets, you’ll always have the most recent data – no need to worry about data accuracy problems 🙌 .
- Get step-by-step help with Google Sheets 👉 How do I upload a Google Sheet into Report?
Save Time Creating Reports with Dashboard Settings
Set Default Data Source at the Dashboard Level
Now you can choose to view data from specific account groups, accounts, folders, campaigns, ad groups, or ads at the dashboard level by setting a ‘Data Source’.
The data source you select in the dashboard settings, will now be the default level for any newly created widget.
Filter Your Performance Data Views Faster
New Widget Creation Layout
The widget fields now have natural language making it easier to breakdown performance data by any level of your ad account, and uncover deeper KPI insights from your reports.
Easily Identify Top Performing Networks at a Glance
We Standardized Network Colors!
Now when you create a cross-network widget, you’ll see each network has a standardized color. These network colors will be consistent across all dashboards and reports.
See Your Copy Next to Your Ads in Performance Tables
Add Headline, Image, and Description Columns to Ad Tables
We added the ability to see ad creative next to performance metrics, so you can diagnose which creatives are working, and what’s not, faster.
Add an ad level table widget to your reports for a side-by-side comparison of winning headline, image, and description combinations.
Sequence Ads Together to Tell Your Brand Story
New Automate Flighting Feature!
Drum roll please……introducing the latest addition to Automate: Flighting!
Now you can show campaigns, ad groups, and ads in an ordered sequence to reach your target audience at every buying stage (resulting in higher CTRs and conversion rates🤑 ).
Top Direct-Response and Brand Awareness Flighting Strategies
(1) Funnel-Based Storytelling
- Increase CTR and conversion rates using a specific series of sequenced ads to walk potential customers down the purchase funnel with relevant call-to-actions.
- For example start with a brand awareness message (Step 1), product information / value proposition message (Step 2), and finally use a targeted CTA to convert potential customers via signup form or make a purchase on product page.
(2) Prime-and-Remind Storytelling
- Use different ad formats to both “prime” people with the brand’s story using video ads, and “remind” people of the video narrative with display ads.
(3) Progressive Promotions
- If you are running a promotion with different percentages off per week, you can flight your ads to show accurately and timely.
- Easily schedule specific times to run your first week 10% Off Promo (Step 1), second week 20% Off Promo (Step 2), and third week 30% Off Promo (Step 3).
Have questions about Flighting? Check out the full product update for Flighting templates and getting started guides.
Let Your Alerts Do the Optimizing for You
Convert Performance Alerts into Optimization Rules with Just One-Click
Now you can easily convert your existing alerts into rules to automate the same actions you’re already taking on your accounts after you receive an email notification.
Your converted rule will have the same conditions as your alert, but now you can specify an optimization condition to apply once the rule is triggered. In other words, you can save yourself a ton of time on performing tedious management tasks.
Common Alert → Rule Use Cases to Save Time & Boost Results
1. Avoid Wasting Spend on High CPA Ad Sets
- IF Cost Per Result > $100 AND Spend > $250
- Using Data from Last 30 Days
- THEN Pause Ad Set
- Run Every 6 Hours
- RUN & EMAIL results
2. Pause Low Performing CTR Ads
- IF Status is Active AND Impressions > 5000 AND CTR < .05%
- Using Data from Last 7 Days
- THEN Pause AD
- Run Every Monday at 10am PST
- RUN & EMAIL results
3. Maximize Your Daily Budget
- IF Spend < $15
- Using Data from Today
- THEN Increase Bid Amount by 30% with Max. Bid = $10
- Run Daily @ 2pm PST
- RUN & EMAIL results
We always love hearing from you! Let us know what you think about the May product updates in the comments below.
P.S. Want to check out the full product release?
Visit our product updates portal, where we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with the latest and greatest from the AdStage labs!