This week on The PPC Show, Margo and JD break down the top six headlines and trends in ad tech and digital marketing.
1) Facebook Blocking Ads from Pages that Repeatedly Share False News
If a Page repeatedly shares stories that have been marked as false by third-party fact-checkers, they will no longer be able to buy ads on Facebook.
2) AdWords Announces Major Update to Ad Rotation Settings
That’s why, starting in late September, Google is simplifying ad rotation to two settings: “optimize” and “rotate indefinitely.”
3) Amazon Grows its Programmatic Ad Business
Agency execs say Amazon is opening up and evolving self-service for Amazon Media Group, its advertising arm that works similarly to programmatic advertising to serve ads to people off Amazon.com.
4) New Study Finds Facebook Page Reach Has Declined 20% in 2017
BuzzSumo analyzed more than 880 million Facebook posts from publisher and brand Pages over the past year, noting a clear decline in engagements since early 2017.
5) AdWords Introduces Ad Suggestions (Beta) to Improve Performance
To help improve performance, a combination of human review and machine learning is used to create high-quality ad suggestions. Relevant content from your account will be used to create ad suggestions include your existing ads, extensions, and landing page.
6) Marketo Forms a New Alliance with Google Cloud
Marketo, a leading marketing automation provider, recently announced their new alliance with Google Cloud. Starting in 2018 both companies will join forces to migrate Marketo's platform from their own data centers to the Google Cloud Platform.