This week on The PPC Show, Paul Wicker and JD Prater break down the top eight headlines in ad tech and digital advertising for the week of October 30-Nov 3rd. Tune in as they cover the latest on Facebook’s “Q3 earnings, Snap Pixel, Facebook creative options for travel, and more.
- Total revenue was also up, increasing 47 percent year-over-year to $10.33 billion.
- Mobile ad revenue came in at $8.9 billion, up 57% from the year-ago quarter
- Monthly active users was also up, increasing 16 percent to 2.07 billion.
Tool will tie together website traffic and ad exposure
Snap Pixel, Snapchat’s proprietary conversion pixels are the first step in building out Snapchat’s performance-based advertising model that’s geared toward direct response marketers that want to connect the dots between ads served within the app and website traffic.
- Highlights the move of marketers wanting to measure everything
- Reporting only, no optimization yet. Just like others.
- Will need to build trust. LI has yet to do that.
- Pixels are also threatening to die in app purchases grow
Advertisers can now enhance their ads with overlays and use the collection ad format with dynamic ads for travel. The new travel ads will also feature friends who took a similar trip to provide social context.
- In early results, we found that combining Collection ads with dynamic ads for travel resulted in a scalable and successful booking solution
Just in time for the holiday season, the new showcase shopping ads will allow advertisers to put together a selection of products to be showcased in the same ad.
Google AdWords has rolled out Showcase Shopping ads to more countries just in time for the holiday season.
Instagram advertisers now get two different swings at showing people branded Stories. First, right at the top when users open the app; and now, also mid-feed, where users will see the preview tiles.
Outlook users can now click on an email contact’s name to view their LinkedIn profile picture, work history, and more from within their inbox. With a click, they can also see mutual connections and connect with the person on Linkedin.
- With a click, you can view a mini version of their profile right in this pop-up Office Profile Card, which includes highlights like mutual connections or shared work experiences
- Also click to connect
The new Dynamic Search Ads leverage Bing’s organic search-crawling and machine-learning algorithms to automatically match the most relevant page on your website with a given search query.
-launched in October, now in editor. Based on on website.
Amazon updated its iOS app to include a new feature called “AR view” — just in time for the holiday shopping season. AR View allows you to virtually place products in your home prior to purchasing.
-Leaning heavily on Apple’s own ARKit,
-iOS 11 introduces ARKit, a new framework that allows you to easily create unparalleled augmented reality experiences for iPhone and iPad.